- Financial services to benefit from Workplace Gender Equality Act
The naming and shaming aspect of the changed Workplace Gender Equality Act will have a positive aspect on male-dominated industries, according to a leading recruiter.
- Is social media good for productivity?
Is Facebook really a big distraction in the workplace? It may not be so with the results of a recent study, showing that employees who use social media are more likely to be the most productive workers.
- National HR Summit 2013 on next week
The leading people management event in Australia returns to Luna Park Sydney next week on 10-11th April. Limited seats are still available so register today.
- Why are your poor performers poor performers?
Most people don’t show up to work to purposely do a bad job – so it’s important for managers to understand the root cause of performance issues.
- Which of your workers pass the Twitter “Fire Me” test?
It’s easy to forget the public nature of the internet – your boss doesn’t follow you on Twitter, so who cares if you tweet a message of hate, or a casual threat? A new app from Germany hopes to remind people that public messages mean anyone can see them, including bosses.
- Fair Work Ombudsman signs a MOU with Defence
In order to strengthen processes to manage shared workforces and show support for Aussie workers who are Reservists, the Fair Work Ombudsman has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Defence.