- ATO to investigate temporary visas
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) has announced that it will undertake a data-matching exercise, targeting one million holders of Australian temporary visas.
- Generation Alien: the disconnect between employers and young workers
Obscure processes, lengthy hiring times and a total lack of feedback is frustrating and disillusioning young workers, making them less likely to seek and find employment.
- Male corporate culture remains biggest barrier to breaking glass ceiling
Retention of senior female executives is a major battleground for HR, and new research has revealed that the glass ceiling remains intact, and male-dominated corporate culture is the biggest barrier for women reaching board level.
- Social media useless in landing a job
When asked to explain the purpose of maintaining a LinkedIn profile, a new survey of Australian executives has found that while social media extends their networks, it doesn’t land them jobs.
- Safeguard your org against absenteeism spike
Protecting your workers from the flu this winter will create a healthier workplace, save you money, increase productivity and critically, keep your workers…working.
- Employer guilty of breaching return from maternity leave protections
A Victorian employer has been fined in excess of $30k for discriminating against an employee when she attempted to return from maternity leave – could your organisation make the same mistake?