- Job vacancies down along with market sentiment
It’s a case of being stuck in the doldrums for the Australian job market as newly released figures show a drop in vacancies while other research highlights a collapse in sentiment over the country’s job market.
- Academics call for out of office internet guidelines
Companies are being urged to draw up company guidelines on out of office internet use as new research shows top employees continuing to work from home are putting their mental health at risk.
- Providing vision: A key HR mandate
Business leaders can spend months developing a company vision, mission and strategy, but the likelihood is that most employees have no idea what it is or what it means to them. Time for HR to step in.
- Is a bully lurking among your staff?
With the new anti-bullying laws now in effect there is more onus on employers to stamp out the anti-social behaviour, but how can you spot a bully?
- Australia’s top talent trends for 2014
Skills shortages, multilevel knowledge, big data and staff retention are being touted as talent trends in the employment market for the year ahead.
- Reduce absenteeism by promoting exercise
Promoting even minor physical activity in the workplace can reduce absenteeism and related costs, one expert says.