- Lighter side: Judge’s blog entry shock, “On being a dirty old man and how young women lawyers dress”
Using social media to give advice to your colleagues can backfire horribly, as a judge discovered when he took to his blog to tell female lawyers how to dress, in order to help "dirty old men" like himself.
- Lighter side: Five weird reasons to fire someone
From stopping crimes to wearing orange, sometimes HR makes some strange decisions about what warrants termination. Would you make the same decision?
- Lighter side: Workers banned from being paid in Choco Pies
North Korean employees will no longer receive their bonuses in the form of the chocolate and marshmallow biscuits called Choco Pies, after the treats sparked a black market trade.
- "Corporate psychopaths": How to handle negative online employee reviews
Employees are leaving scathing reviews about managers and HR professionals on job review websites. How can (and should) you respond if you have been criticised online?
- Beating the clock: 10 ways to better manage your time
When HR professionals are not conducting performance reviews and dealing with employee complaints, we’re also meant to be influencing the c-suite and myriad other duties. Here's how to keep on top of the workload.
- Five Minutes With...Gill Rees, executive general manager, human resources, at Bankwest
Bankwest executive general manager, human resources, Gill Rees explains why taking a risk is the best advice she's ever been given and how data and analytics are the way forward for HR.