- Walking the talk: the body language secrets you need to know
As HR professionals, we have to listen to complaints, give criticism and sometimes deliver bad news. Body language expert Alan Pease reveals his tips for making sure you send the right signals.
- HR Awards: calling all superstar communicators
Has your team recently delivered a great marketing strategy? Then nominate it for the 2014 Australian HR Awards, recognising excellence in the HR profession.
- Sick leave around the world: how does Australia stack up?
Countries like Yemen, Ethiopia, Mongolia and Afghanistan provide employees with paid sick leave, while the United States, India and Somalia don’t. Find out how Australia stacks up.
- Getting sick employees back to work: what you need to know
Australia is a step closer to following the UK in phasing out the traditional “sick note” medical certificate and replacing it with “fit notes”. HC reveals what you need to know about getting sick or injured employees back into work.
- Lighter side: Nonsensical tweets land exec in hot water
Tweeting insults about colleagues, even nonsensical ones, is a sure-fire way to land yourself in trouble, as former PayPal director of strategy Rakesh Agrawal discovered.
- Lighter side: Sir Richard Branson sent an email so offensive his own company blocked it
Sir Richard battles his own email system for the right to use the word "bollocks".