- Employee happiness – an elusive quest?
HC looks beyond the traditional HR ‘engagement’ theory to investigate the science behind happiness at work and the limitations of the effect of HR practices on individual employee engagement. The results could surprise you.
- The coolest HR jobs in Australia?
International travel, generous share packages and the opportunity to rub shoulders with the rich and famous is all in a day’s work for some HR professionals.
- Lighter Side: Chastising of tardy boss goes viral
It’s usually the boss telling off employees for being late but when this employee was left waiting for an hour for his boss to show, he didn’t hold back in letting his feelings be known.
- Recruitment, retention top concerns for HR
Despite gloomy forecasts a new survey shows HR executives are confident about their organisations' growth prospects but concerns linger over staff retention and recruitment.
- How can HR leaders be taken more seriously?
Abstract strategic thinking could be the missing link for HR executives keen to take their career to the next level. HC investigates.
- HR News in Brief: Australian employers least open to flexible working
Plus the Fair Work Ombudsman has commenced legal proceedings against a businessman for underpaying $870,000 to employees and a growing number of businesses have indicated their intention to hire staff in the coming months.