- Employee sick over Christmas? Must re-credit leave
Some employers have adopted a ‘too bad, so sad’ mentality regarding employees who become sick whilst on annual leave, but unbeknownst to many, the Fair Work Act actually obliges HR to re-credit annual leave in place of sick days.
- Is Google the new HR department?
Line managers are increasingly turning to Google for their information instead of the HR department, according to new research, but why?
- Transparency not as effective as you think
Transparency has been the name of the game for many ‘enlightened’ organisations for some time. However, research indicates just because you can see it, doesn’t mean you know what is going on.
- CEO personality key to success
Why is your organisation failing? The CEO might be a little too proud.
- Are you aware of upwards bullying in your workplace?
Workplace bullying is typically characterised as taking place between colleagues, or managers bullying subordinates. But are you aware of the upwards bullying that may be taking place in your office?
- HR’s vital role during restructures
Restructuring is a stressful reality in modern business, so what can HR do to help their organisation and its workforce during these times?