- Lighter Side: Fired for legally buying drugs
Many employers aren’t too interested what employees do in their free time, but being interviewed about your enthusiasm for free drugs might not be wise.
- Five tips for acing a HR job interview
As HR professionals, conducting job interviews is our bread and butter. But being on the other side of the interview requires different skills and not everyone gets it right. HC looks at how to avoid the pitfalls.
- Mind over matter: Why major companies love mindfulness
Google uses it, Twitter, Apple and Yahoo love it – even the US Marine Corps has embraced it. HC looks at why Australian businesses need to get on board with mindfulness.
- Five Minutes With...June Chui, senior HR manager, Polycom Asia Pacific
Polycom Asia Pacific senior HR manager June Chui tells HC how technology will change the role of HR in the future and why she'd love a workplace with a mountain view.
- Mental health: Walking the talk in the workplace
It’s seen as a sensitive subject, surrounded by stigma, but employers need to tackle mental health head-on. HC talks to an expert about how to address the issue in the workplace.
- When social media marketing goes horribly wrong
Many companies are putting a lot of resources into their social media marketing, but unless you have the right employees for the job, the results can be disastrous – as one HR department found out.