- How to create leaders who make you (HR) look good
We know what kind of leadership we want from executives and managers, but how can we achieve it? Julie Harrison, Deloitte partner, human capital, reveals her tips for turning good managers into great leaders.
- HR recruitment: why you should be using LinkedIn
Revenue growth and sky-high membership statistics are one thing, but here’s what you need to know about how members are actually using LinkedIn
- Women on boards: how HR can help turn the tide
It’s four years since the “if not, why not” disclosure rule was introduced and the number of female board appointments has started to plateau. HC Online looks at what HR can do to help get the ball rolling again.
- Pregnant photographer awarded $174,000 in discrimination case
A photographer who was told by her bosses that having a pregnant woman working at the business was “not a good look” has been awarded compensation for discrimination.
- Walking the talk: the body language secrets you need to know
As HR professionals, we have to listen to complaints, give criticism and sometimes deliver bad news. Body language expert Alan Pease reveals his tips for making sure you send the right signals.
- HR Awards: calling all superstar communicators
Has your team recently delivered a great marketing strategy? Then nominate it for the 2014 Australian HR Awards, recognising excellence in the HR profession.