- Opinion: How to handle an internal promotion
What happens when you receive a promotion and find yourself managing your former team? HR professional Anna Sarelas gives her top tips for managing this situation.
- Employee termination ends in death
A decision by a manager to terminate an employee turned deadly after an armed show-down.
- Why HR needs to think like the CMO
Is a lack of marketing ability holding HR back? One expert says it’s time for HR to learn from the chief marketing officer.
- Going in blind: The way forward for interviews?
Two law firms have started conducting CV-blind interviews, where all the interviewers know about the candidates is their names. Could this approach help stamp out unconscious bias?
- Best practice guide to termination
Dismissing employees can turn into an HR nightmare if the correct process isn't followed. Workplace Law managing director Athena Koelmeyer shares her best practice tips for successful terminations.
- Wanted: Workers with attitude
Insurance company Youi takes the unusual approach of hiring people for their personality rather than their experience. Should you take the same approach?