- How to go from headhunter to headhunted
As HR professionals, we’re used to keeping an eye on the top talent we want to lure to our organisation. Here’s how to turn the tables and get noticed by headhunters.
- Five Minutes With…Maryanne Abdullah, HR manager, ANZ, Lexmark and Perceptive Software
Maryanne Abdullah, HR manager, ANZ, Lexmark and Perceptive Software, discusses the challenges of finding the right employees for roles and why she'd like to have dinner with the Queen.
- HR dilemma: Good deed vs company rules
A US restaurant worker was fired for giving away food to people he believed were homeless, in violation of company policy. Would you take the same action?
- Dealing with workplace trauma
A law firm has instituted a vicarious trauma program to help employees who are affected by dealing with traumatised clients and traumatic cases – can you apply a similar program in your workplace?
- Quantity versus quality: the employer branding challenge
New research shows international brands that HR leaders might envy may be attracting more talent, but not better talent.
- Opinion: Hot, noisy and dark: Are you asking employees to learn in an impossible environment?
Employee trainers pay a lot of attention to the content of their curriculum and the way they deliver it. But do we pay enough attention to the tangible surroundings in which we ask employees to absorb the learning we seek to impart? Dave Clemens, HR blogger and senior writer for Rapid Learning Institute, investigates.