- Australian HR Awards 2014: Record crowd to attend
The best and brightest of the profession will be honoured at next week's awards ceremony.
- Lighter side: Even the Mafia hires through Facebook
Not to be left out of current hiring trends, the mob is jumping on the social media bandwagon to recruit new members.
- Lighter side: Strange compensation offers from companies
Providing compensation to dissatisfied customers may seem like a logical response, but these companies should probably stick to a simple apology.
- Mind the gap: Gender pay gap biggest in 20 years
Australia’s gender pay gap is at 18.2%, its highest point in 20 years. Changing the way in which men and women work could help to reduce the disparity, according to one economist.
- Making first impressions count
As HR professionals, we know the importance of building a great personal brand. Nikki Heald, managing director of Corptraining, talks about how the first impressions you give others can impact on your brand.
- Five Minutes With...Ariane Aeschimann-Forbes, HR director, Xchanging Australia
Ariane Aeschimann-Forbes, HR director of Xchanging Australia, discusses the benefits of dealing with ambiguity and her love of Latin American culture.