- Anti-bullying laws: a storm in a teacup?
It’s been four months since the Fair Work Commission’s new anti-bullying measures came into force and despite fears of a flood of complaints, only one stop bullying order has been issued so far.
- What CEOs are looking for in HR leaders
No one said leadership is easy. Getting to the big office requires a special mix of talent, ability and drive. Three CEOs share the attributes they think are required for a good leader with HC.
- Leadership in HR: tips for partnering with management
HR practitioners balance the multiple roles of supporting, advising and leading. HC talks to Bruce Ross-Adams, executive general manager HR at St Ives Group about how to get the management team to respect and abide by your advice and input.
- This might be incentive to bend the law when hiring
Personal lives shouldn’t come into hiring decisions, right? Well, when it comes to CEOs that might not be the case, at least theoretically
- And now for your job audition: Odd job interview techniques
Organisations are resorting to a whole new repertoire of techniques to find the right hire, but would you consider handwriting analysis or perhaps making a candidate audition in your quest for the perfect fit?
- Blonde HR professionals: The chosen ones?
An impassioned debate has exploded in the HR blogosphere after an HR director suggested that CEOs hire young blonde females into HR roles because they ‘lack the experience to challenge’ the CEOs.