- Lighter side: Strange compensation offers from companies
Providing compensation to dissatisfied customers may seem like a logical response, but these companies should probably stick to a simple apology.
- Mind the gap: Gender pay gap biggest in 20 years
Australia’s gender pay gap is at 18.2%, its highest point in 20 years. Changing the way in which men and women work could help to reduce the disparity, according to one economist.
- Making first impressions count
As HR professionals, we know the importance of building a great personal brand. Nikki Heald, managing director of Corptraining, talks about how the first impressions you give others can impact on your brand.
- Five Minutes With...Ariane Aeschimann-Forbes, HR director, Xchanging Australia
Ariane Aeschimann-Forbes, HR director of Xchanging Australia, discusses the benefits of dealing with ambiguity and her love of Latin American culture.
- Man accused of workplace shooting entitled to severance?
A former mill worker charged with murder after a mass shooting may be entitled to a severance package from his former employer.
- Domestic violence comes out of the darkness
The number of companies offering paid domestic violence leave is increasing. HC looks at what HR can do to support victims in the workplace.