- HR lessons from Willy Wonka
He may be the purple coat-wearing character from Roald Dahl’s classic children’s book Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, but there are a few things the chocolate maker can teach HR about managing a workforce.
- How to get noticed for the wrong reasons: crazy job-seeker stunts
As HR professionals we should be experts at getting hired. Thinking of creative ways to distinguish yourself from other job-seekers can be the difference between a job offer and a rejection letter. But some ploys can go horribly wrong.
- Transgender employees: legal tips to navigate a HR minefield
Following the recent “Norrie ruling” in the High Court, NSW employees now have the legal right to be recognised as being neither male nor female. Would you know what to do if one of your employees changed genders?
- HR manager hospitalised after attack
The worst fears of HR managers around the world came true in Toronto last week when it's alleged that a disgruntled employee attacked his former managers (including the HR manager) just moments after being fired.
- Study forecasts 'unprecedented mobility' for female employees
HR departments are being urged to develop gender-specific career development plans following the results of a survey of business women
- Fancy some snake venom for your hard work?
Some employees want gadgets and holidays. Others want live crustaceans. We take a look at some of the strangest rewards that employees have asked their bosses for.