- Public servant pins absences on her search for soy
A public servant who tried to blame her frequent absences on her search for soy milk and organic coffee has had her claim for stress-related worker’s compensation denied.
- HR: Professional pixie dust spreaders?
The real purpose of HR is not in strategy or planning: it’s “down on the ground and out on the street”, according to one leading expert.
- HR dilemma: When bullying is blamed for poor performance
What risks does HR face when an employee claims their underperformance is due to workplace bullying?
- The worst CV mistakes, according to Google’s HR chief
He's viewed more than 20,000 CVs, so what mistakes does Google’s chief of HR Laszlo Bock consider to be the worst?
- US, Canada struggling to attract A-list talent
Ready and waiting fields of quality applicants no longer exist, so where are you sourcing your top-end talent?
- Lighter side: Welcome to the hamster race
Sitting, standing, transforming, treadmill... the past few years have seen a lot of desk adaptations, but at least one office has embraced running in one spot.