- Lavalife founder: why company culture is crucial to success
Bruce Croxon explains the HR-related strategies he employed when building his immense corporate empire
- More employers need gender equality strategy, says WGEA
A new report by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) suggests that organisational gender equality initiatives are failing. With women making up half of the nation’s workforce, why is the number of female executives so low?
- Fair Work decisions leading to unfair dismissal confusion
Seemingly inconsistent decisions from the Fair Work Commission mean companies often face difficult choices when dismissing problem staff.
- Five minutes with… Peter Hartnett, head of people and culture, Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing
HC chats to National HR Summit speaker Peter Hartnett about his achievements, the challenges HR is yet to face, and the value of good advice.
- $60K for US employee suspended for sexual harassment complaint
A jury in Brooklyn, NY, has awarded a dock worker US$60,000 in punitive damages following his being banned from work after complaining about being groped.
- The rise of telepressuring: time to put down the phone?
A new study by a US university has shown that workers are feeling increasingly pressured to correspond with colleagues outside of working hours, leading to decreased engagement and poor health.