- How to deal with chronic disease in the workplace
With chronic disease Australia’s biggest killer, HR managers can take a lead role in creating holistic workplaces for employees with chronic illness.
- Sham contracting: if it quacks like a duck…
Recent cases have shown that the courts are prepared to come down hard on sham contracting. In this article, Mark Diserio, Kaitlyn Gulle and Kate Oaten from Lander & Rogers, take sham contracting back to basics.
- BP to cut 4,000 jobs worldwide
One of the world’s largest oil and gas companies has said it will drastically reduce headcount in a cost-cutting global restructuring initiative
- Workplace relations shakeup on the cards this year
With the federal election looming at the end of 2016, workplace reform is again up for debate. HC chats to a legal expert about the findings of an inquiry report assessing Australia’s Workplace Relations Framework.
- Major bank denies caustic culture claims
Two traders dismissed for inappropriate behaviour are suing a major Australasian lender, claiming it condoned a culture of sex, drugs and alcohol, but the bank has defended its code of conduct.
- Bosses can snoop on emails to girlfriend, court rules
A recent European Court decision indicates support for employers who access employees’ private conversations.