- Is your workplace Fairtrade certified?
The amount of tea and coffee consumed in Australian workplaces each year is surely mind boggling – yet as more people come to realise that the vast majority of tea and coffee is sourced from developing economies, there are far reaching consequences to consider.
- Rescinding a job offer: HR’s best practice approach
So you’ve offered the job but now you’re faced with needing to rescind – HC provides you with a how-to guide for navigating this uncomfortable task.
- Ensure employees don’t double-dip on leave entitlements
Ensuring the proper contractual arrangements are in place before an employee heads abroad on a secondment can be like navigating a minefield, and one of the most common pitfalls occurs when errors are made in the fine print of leave entitlements.
- Mentoring: don’t rush into it
Setting clear goals and objectives is essential to the process of putting a mentor in place.
- Resume errors: Nail in the coffin for an applicant?
How many resume blunders is too many, and should HR consider candidates with typos and style errors in their resume?
- Charity work can improve retention
Allow staff paid time off to engage in charity work and you could boost retention and motivation at the same time as positively associating your company with a community cause.