- Are you a manager or a leader?
Is great management the same as great leadership, or are they separate disciplines? One expert breaks down the factors that separate the two.
- Thinking of making the hot-desk switch?
As many of Australia’s largest organisations switch to the practice of hot-desking, workplace experts have warned employers to carefully review all impacts before making such a change.
- The fine line of bullying: What HR needs to know
Extreme cases of bullying are headline material, and while overt and systematic bullying may make the 6pm news, the real problem is that the majority of bullying happens on a much more subtle level, according to a leading workplace psychologist.
- Should ‘fit notes’ replace ‘sick notes’?
In order to tackle high absenteeism rates, the UK and parts of Europe have been proactive in instituting the ‘fit note’ to address what a worker could do, instead of focusing on what they can’t do.
- Managing staff who don’t ‘fit’
What cards can you play when a staff member simply doesn’t ‘fit’ your organisation?
- Got a name like Wojewodzic? Sorry, no promotion
People with easy to pronounce names win friends and favour in the workplace, a new study has found.