- The key ingredient in the Best Employer mix: have you got it?
Gaining a spot on a ‘best employers’ list can work wonders for HR strategy. It’s a feather in the cap for any HR director and can bolster branding, retention, engagement – you name it. So how do you nab a nod from the list-makers?
- Smokers under fire
New research has revealed that fatal heart attacks decline amongst all workers when workplaces go smoke-free.
- Are your HR investigation procedures up to scratch?
As another unfair dismissal case ends in favour of the employee, it may be time to take a closer look at your investigation procedures to ensure the integrity of due processes is being upheld.
- Are you asking the right interview questions?
Post job, read resumes, interview, hire: are you taking on the first candidate who passes through your basic recruiting system?
- Don’t fall victim to the winter blues
The winter months are known for employee engagement challenges, due in no small part to shorter days, cold and flu, and more time inside.
- Unfair dismissals: extension of time application tougher
FWA (Fair Work Australia) in dismissing a recent extension of time application, has indicated it will allow extensions only in “rare cases, where there are exceptional circumstances.”