- Employee sick over Christmas? Must re-credit leave
Some employers have adopted a ‘too bad, so sad’ mentality regarding employees who become sick whilst on annual leave, but unbeknownst to many, the Fair Work Act actually obliges HR to re-credit annual leave in place of sick days.
- Are you a manager or a leader?
Is great management the same as great leadership, or are they separate disciplines? One expert breaks down the factors that separate the two.
- Can you spot a fake reference?
HR has a trained eye for spotting questionable details on resumes – but now some candidates are turning to fake reference services and it may be time to background-check not just the candidates but the referees.
- C-Suite execs say HR struggling to adapt
Is HR struggling to cope with the challenges of managing a global, flexible workforce? A new report says yes, and that it’s high-time HR finds new ways to engage workers.
- 'Bad apple' team member can slash productivity
This article has been removed
- Ensure employees don’t double-dip on leave entitlements
Ensuring the proper contractual arrangements are in place before an employee heads abroad on a secondment can be like navigating a minefield, and one of the most common pitfalls occurs when errors are made in the fine print of leave entitlements.