- Are you a manager or a leader?
Is great management the same as great leadership, or are they separate disciplines? One expert breaks down the factors that separate the two.
- Can you spot a fake reference?
HR has a trained eye for spotting questionable details on resumes – but now some candidates are turning to fake reference services and it may be time to background-check not just the candidates but the referees.
- C-Suite execs say HR struggling to adapt
Is HR struggling to cope with the challenges of managing a global, flexible workforce? A new report says yes, and that it’s high-time HR finds new ways to engage workers.
- 'Bad apple' team member can slash productivity
This article has been removed
- Ensure employees don’t double-dip on leave entitlements
Ensuring the proper contractual arrangements are in place before an employee heads abroad on a secondment can be like navigating a minefield, and one of the most common pitfalls occurs when errors are made in the fine print of leave entitlements.
- Charity work can improve retention
Allow staff paid time off to engage in charity work and you could boost retention and motivation at the same time as positively associating your company with a community cause.