- Should HR avoid making friends at work?
For HR professionals, making friends at work can be fraught with complexity, which is why it might be prudent to avoid happy hours after work and play it safe by keeping to yourself.
- Employee sick over Christmas? Must re-credit leave
Some employers have adopted a ‘too bad, so sad’ mentality regarding employees who become sick whilst on annual leave, but unbeknownst to many, the Fair Work Act actually obliges HR to re-credit annual leave in place of sick days.
- Are you a manager or a leader?
Is great management the same as great leadership, or are they separate disciplines? One expert breaks down the factors that separate the two.
- Can you spot a fake reference?
HR has a trained eye for spotting questionable details on resumes – but now some candidates are turning to fake reference services and it may be time to background-check not just the candidates but the referees.
- C-Suite execs say HR struggling to adapt
Is HR struggling to cope with the challenges of managing a global, flexible workforce? A new report says yes, and that it’s high-time HR finds new ways to engage workers.
- 'Bad apple' team member can slash productivity
This article has been removed