Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Would you go under the knife for a job?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 24 Feb 2015, 07:58 AM Agree 0
New research has revealed that women are being subjected to ageism as well as gender bias when it comes to the employment process – but just how far would they go to appear youthful or mature enough for a job?
  • Layla | 24 Feb 2015, 11:40 AM Agree 0
    Finding myself on the market after 13 years a an HR Manager for 3 companies I thought I would be a great asset given my experience. Armed with all my achievements I diligently worked my way through the HR Agencies over a period of time losing confidence as each month passed. When I enquired as to why I did not seem to be progressing past 1st interview stage I was very discreetly told by the agency that it would be wise to think about changing my career path as HR is generally for the younger set and extremely hard to place someone over 40.
    As an HR practiotioner that strives for equality and feels age is no excuse I have almost resolved myself to the fact this may be my last HR role.
Post a reply