Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Would you allow your employees to donate their annual leave?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 26 May 2014, 10:00 AM Agree 0
France now allows workers to donate their annual leave to colleagues with sick children. Should Australia follow suit?
  • Mark | 26 May 2014, 11:15 AM Agree 0
    Very valid points raised. What id someone donated their hours, then needed it and asked for it back off he person who they gave it too.
  • Maree | 26 May 2014, 11:53 AM Agree 0
    my previous employer allowed employees to cash out annual leave (Allowed under EBA / Award) to donate to organsiatiosn such as red cross, ses etc. It was used mainly during periods of national disaster (Black saturday was an example) The cashed out a component that was then dontated to organisations rather than individuals. The scheme was voluntary and confidential. The only people who knew were the person completing a cash out form and payroll/finance
  • Ashley | 26 May 2014, 01:38 PM Agree 0
    My current employer allows employees to donate personal leave to fellow employees in times of hardship. Approval for the ability to dontate is provided from Senior Management (per situation) before any any leave can change hands.
Post a reply