Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Work-life imbalance prompts $100m man to quit

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 07 Oct 2014, 08:58 AM Agree 0
Could you give up a $100m-a-year job to catch up on missed soccer games and daily school runs. One CEO did just that...
  • Steve | 07 Oct 2014, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    Hardly a case example of managing corect work-life balance - only smeone in a 100 million per year job is in such a position to simply quit. The tone of the article suggetss that holding a 100 million a year job is the aspiration most would reach for, I am sure he will be finaincially secure for some time yet until he finds a mor ebalanced role at 70 mill per year.
  • Steve | 07 Oct 2014, 12:34 PM Agree 0
    I am a big believer in maintaining work/life balance and actively pursue it myself. However, reading this leaves me cold and feeling no sympathy at all for Mr El-Erian. For me, the obsenity that is a $100million-a-year salary overshadows everything else in relation to this situation. I don't think there is any real value in discussing such a rarified and, frankly, stupid case. Only in the US...
  • Rosalie Chant | 10 Oct 2014, 11:54 AM Agree 0
    This is hardly noteworthy when he earned $100m last year and probably not much less in previous years. Even if he paid 80% tax on the $100m he'd still have had a lazy $20m to live and save on. Tell me about someone earning $60k doing something to achieve work life balance and spend time with the family and I might think wow that is great. Perhaps need to think about how the reading audience will interpret articles like this.
Post a reply