Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Worker dies after 30 hours of work

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 19 Dec 2013, 11:19 AM Agree 0
The dangers of working extremely long hours has once again been highlighted after the death of an Indonesian copywriter.
  • Christian Hermann | 19 Dec 2013, 06:15 PM Agree 0
    Overtime does nothing else then downgrading quality and productivity, in other words longterm competitiveness. Let's stay close to reality, regular overtime is often caused by business/project mismanagement, misguided client expectations, unproportional internal profit distribution, an abundance of fat cats or a wrongly adapted business model.

Sounds to me that upper management incompetence is the cause of the evil. Self-throned barons have an intrinsic interest to establish that kind of "proof yourself"-corporate culture, letting the fresh meat swim overhours in a pool of grown sharks (and fat cats), playing god to the survival game, then picking the candidates who are true to the ideals of their heritage as their followers, further cementing the territory that they think they deserve.

have seen it way too often!
  • Cohn | 06 Feb 2015, 08:34 AM Agree 0
    I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot
  • Michael | 08 Aug 2016, 01:29 PM Agree 0
    A lot of overtime is undeclared by the individuals therefore skewing any analysis of the correlation of wellbeing and overwork rendering it a useless exercise. Remembering the vast majority of these individuals are contract workers.

Post a reply