Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

WorkCover rocked by bullying claims

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 01 Jul 2013, 12:03 AM Agree 0
An inquiry into WorkCover is soon to commence over allegations of failing to protect their own employees.
  • Clem Wright | 02 Jul 2013, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    The simple reality is that if a Chief Executive Officer genuinely does not tolerate bullying in his or her organisation, it won't happen. A proven bullyer will be shown the door quick smart regardless of who they are. This would send an unequivocal message to other potential bullyers in the organisation. But, how often have we all seen that the outcome of a bullying incident is that the victim leaves and the bullyer remains to continue their dastardly deeds ! I worked in an organisation a few years ago where the policy on bullying stated clearly that bullying would not be tolerated. It then went on to describe in detail all the bureaucratic steps an employee had to follow in order to complain about being bullied. The document assumed that bullying would carry on and had processes in place based on this assumption. Mixed messages or what ?
  • Jean-Marcel Malliaté MDR | 24 Sep 2013, 01:22 PM Agree 0
    Whilst I agree with Clem, some people are jst not aware of the bullying spectrum of behaviours and can be unaware of their behavioural impacts. We provide workplace training which is about the prevention of B&H and responsible management. The WHS laws are changing to protect both employees and employers in 2014 and through training in this area,, we will all end up with a more respectful and dignified workplace which allso includes: hospitals, aged care facilities, public service, schools and universities etc. I believe all Australian Parliamentarians should be the first to take up this 70:20:10 turn around education which we provide in identifyinhg and preventing bullying and harassment and actually demonstrate true leadership.
  • HW The Ethicos Group | 25 Sep 2013, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    The Ethicos Group has recognised this problem - what is bullying and harassment, and what is not? - and we have developed a smartphone app which provides diganostics, training, and certification, based on Australian law and practice. Anyone interested should contact me for pre-release details.
Post a reply