Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Why Gen Z will change the way you lead

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 09 Mar 2015, 09:54 AM Agree 0
Start preparing for Generation Z – there’ll be big changes ahead, warns Randstad chief.
  • Ken | 09 Mar 2015, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    I can't believe a major recruitment company is trying to categorize and pigeonhole another "generation" of young people already!

I have 15 and 16 year old sons and who are both in this age group and I don't believe surveying them would really tell us anything meaningful about how they will need to be managed when they eventually become part of the workforce in 5+ years time.

They're all individuals and they're all different!
  • Paul | 09 Mar 2015, 01:52 PM Agree 0
    Agree Ken, these recruitment Companies always try to position themselves as experts and tell employers and employees what they should do - but many times they are very misinformed and very detatched.
  • Ken | 09 Mar 2015, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    Paul, to be fair it's not just recruitment companies who are guilty in my view of categorizing generations. Their are also the self appointed Generational "Gurus" who actually make a living from writing about this stuff.

I've done my own informal canvassing of people classified as Gen Y and pretty much everyone I have spoken to feels the traits attributed to them en masse are mostly inappropriate and inaccurate.

Things like awareness of new technology and the ability to adopt new technologies are reasonably accurate, but to say everyone from a particular generation are likely to want or expect a certain management style is ludicrous.
Post a reply