Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Who's liable for illegal downloads in the workplace?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Apr 2015, 08:27 AM Agree 0
Hollywood is targeting nearly 5,000 Aussies who downloaded Dallas Buyers Club illegally – but who is responsible if the offence occurs in the workplace?
  • wtf | 22 Apr 2015, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    How did we as a society get to this absurd situation where the employer is held responsible for their employees breaking the law.
  • Anonymous | 24 Apr 2015, 06:59 AM Agree 0
    How are we supposed to know if what were watching or listening to is copyrighted? Isn't everything copyrighted automatically? So how is listening or watching something that's copyrighted illegal? How did possessing information become illegal? How do you know what information it is, until you possess it? Is the whole point of this to make sure that we don't watch or listen to anything unless it comes from a big household-name corporation? Because, damn it, I'd give up listening to music and watching movies for ever, before I'll ever give a single dollar to another multi-billion dollar corporation!
Post a reply