Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What companies can learn from KPMG’s activity-based workspaces

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 Mar 2015, 07:37 AM Agree 0
The professional services firm shares the lessons it learned after an 18-month trial with ABW.
  • Paul | 25 Mar 2015, 11:54 AM Agree 0
    "The next generation of employees, who are used to working closely with one another in a tightly connected fashion".

Is this the same generation that the Universities have conditioned to believe that online learning (from a bedroom at home) is the best learning model. I am not sure if they are used to working closely with others.

Overall looks like the Company have been successful in reducing the office space therefore saving on the rent expense. Well done on the expense reduction and looks like everything else is falling into place. Well done.
  • Laura | 25 Mar 2015, 12:59 PM Agree 0
    I'd have to agree with Paul. I haven't found that the next generation is highly collaborative, in fact quite the opposite. They might have a massively networked group of people, but how many of those people have they actually met or worked/studied with?

I can't see that being physically surrounded by people (as opposed to virtually) would suit the next generation who, in my opinion, have generally become quite insulated from social activities and face-to-face interaction.

I certainly agree that going paperless and reducing office space is a plus, but I imagine the HR issues that will come out of this change will probably outweigh the benefits.

Kudos for the innovative approach though!
  • nelz | 25 Mar 2015, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    another positive thing is, good exercise for us IT guys as we keep on moving around the whole day when one user need some kind of IT support :)

Post a reply