Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Welcome message to employees panned by Apple haters

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 May 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The old PC vs Mac debate revved up again this week after an Instagram user posted a welcome message that is said to greet new employees at Apple – the web forums were divided so you decide: is this message inspiring, or lame?
  • Ron | 11 May 2012, 01:43 PM Agree 0
    The Apple note's better than the 'standard' one - especially if the boss misspelled your name and forgot to replace the square brackets.
  • Leslie Allan | 11 May 2012, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    That's a great welcome note if Apple follows through.

Regards, Les Allan
    http://www.businessperform.com
  • Satrina Brandt | 11 May 2012, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    ...so I think what Apple are saying is that you are expected to work on weekends and you are expected to love doing it too. I'm also reading between the lines that the reward for all your hard work is that warm fuzzy feeling. I like the concept but it could have ben worded better - nothing about team support or a great culture or a place you will love to work.
  • SDM | 18 May 2012, 03:27 PM Agree 0
    Like anything, you can take this as "glass half full" or "glass half empty". My view is that Apple have differentiated themselves from the usual same-same welcome notes. To me it says that they want people who are passionate about Apple & what Apple stands for as well as passionate about their role withint the business. They saying love what you do, be innovative, take (calculated) risks and make a unique contribution! I think the aim is to inspire. A person who sees it as you will be a slave to us on weekends & love it, probably isn't the person Apple is looking for...
  • Julie Jensen | 21 May 2012, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Hey this is a great welcome note - nothing like a bit of inspiration at the front end of a job - I think it shows great insight into setting the scene for the type of employee culture you want.
Post a reply