Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Urgent action needed on skills shortage

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 02 Nov 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Industries in the firing line of the skills shortage are being urged to take preventative measures to safeguard their supply of workers, and according to a new research paper the future reality will see a plethora of unfilled jobs.
  • Rebecca Fraser | 02 Nov 2011, 11:04 PM Agree 0
    As a career development practitioner this is a key area of interest for myself and my clients. I recently just wrote a blog in relation to the skills shortage and the link this has to the traditional career development model; on the job mentoring and development of employees by an organisation. This included engagement of staff from early on in the career and collaboratively working on career planning and progression. This is something that has become a low focus in a number of organisations; rather than supplementing career development higher education seems to have been used in many instances to replace it. Through focusing on employees, an organisation will achieve increase staff engagement, reduction in attrition and develop outstanding talent. Career Development for all staff is key to an organisations success.
Post a reply