Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Twitter faces age discrimination suit

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 28 Jul 2014, 10:51 AM Agree 0
Tech companies are well known for their young founders and workforce, but that trend might have backfired on one major social media company.
  • John Leith | 28 Jul 2014, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    Twitter should be ashamed of themselves. It only goes to show they have no clue about looking after staff or the laws. I mean, all you have to do is read below, they awarded him not that long ago. Shame on you Twitter
    John Leith

Six months before the termination Taylor was given restricted stock units as a reward for good performance, and his most recent performance evaluation, just six weeks before he was fired, showed he “meets expectations”.
  • caca | 28 Jul 2014, 01:59 PM Agree 0
    Something doesn't add up. It seems to obvious in this article so I would guess that there was something else going on to have ended in a termination.
    If these are all the accurate facts then yes twitter should be ashamed of their actions. Age discrimination is just ridiculous - we'll all get old someday so you might be contributing to a discrimination that you may also face some day.
  • John Leith | 28 Jul 2014, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    Good on you caca.
    I am a strong advocate for the mature age and in fact anyone looking for work. If a client asks for a younger candidate I will turn like a cut snake :) The best candidate for the job is my opinion.
Post a reply