Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Trust can’t be bought back

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 02 Nov 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
If ever the importance of workplace trust was in doubt, the damage done to the Qantas brand during its most recent industrial dispute has solidified its place on the HR radar.
  • Chris Golis | 02 Nov 2011, 04:02 PM Agree 0
    This is not a battle between the management and employees of Qantas but a battle between the trade unions and the management over who runs the business. If the unions win (and up till Saturday I would have put my money on them) Qantas will go the way of Ansett within several years. Seriously if the managment had telegraphed they would ground the airplanes there would be court orders stopping them from either the unions (who had been waging industrial action for 7 months) or the government. The Labor Government wound back the IR system to the 1970s and is now reaping what it has sown. By going down the route they did management have achieved both suspension of industrial action and compulsory arbitration. During this time Gillard did what she normally does issue platitudes. She is a NATO leader, no action, talk only. Very interesting that Tony Sheldon says if he does not agree with the arbitration result he will refuse to accept it. So much for the Rule of Law in this country.
Post a reply