Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Three quarters of applicants have already lied to you

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 23 Sep 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A startling 75% of applicants have falsified or omitted critical elements of their experience and work history, a leading background check firm has revealed.
  • Peter Maxfield | 24 Sep 2013, 01:35 AM Agree 0
    Given that a Resume is used to convey information about a person and their career to see if they might be suitable for a specific work role, presentation and content are really up to the applicant. there are no specific rules. An inaccuracy can sometimes be a matter of perception, and as long as the person hasn't deliberately set out to mislead, then I think lying, in this context is too strong a word, for a mistake. Still, it is a good idea to review your resume in this light; so a nice article.
  • Joh W... | 24 Sep 2013, 11:04 AM Agree 0
    The competition is fierce out there, and when you look at the numbers that are competing for a single position, it would seem that everyone is vying for that "edge".
    Though, I do believe that a resume is just an introduction, it is the interview which then, the employer should be able to assess the worth of a candidate and whether or not they are suitable for the position that is being offered.
  • Craig Dandeaux | 24 Sep 2013, 04:04 PM Agree 0
    If 75% of CVs are such a poor indicator then why are you still using them?
Post a reply