Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The motivating factor

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 28 Feb 2011, 02:00 AM Agree 0
One of the keys to a successful company is a driven workforce. How are organisations in the Asia-Pacific region keeping their staff motivated?
  • Helen Wedlake | 11 Mar 2011, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    The Public Service inclusive of local government employers reflect checked out employees through manages which fail to show leadership, fail to communicate transparently and truthfully and who do reflect the values imposed upon employees. Treating the workforce like dockeys results in toxic workplaces, disallusioned and increasingly disfunctional workers and workplaces and increasing difficulties for such employees to attract and retain quality staff or to sustain value for expenditures.
  • Helen Wedlake | 11 Mar 2011, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    In the nineties I worked for a Multinational Company. They were recognised as Gorillas in the Workplace. I remember giving my manager a copy of Dilbert. He looked at it sceptically as to the intent. The ongoing restructures, mergers, downsizing relocations, change in CEOs ect despite all the crudiments of training, information, communication, team building eventually took its toll as yearly turnovers and replacements of experienced employees eventually resulted in the demise of one our leading companies. This demise similarly reflected the eventual outcomes of similar companies in Agribusiness.
Post a reply