Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The lighter side: The source of office rows

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 05 Feb 2014, 07:32 AM Agree 0
Grumblings in the office? Staff a little bit feisty with each other? Then it’s highly likely there has been some sort of “theft” or lunchtime abuse.
  • Ozzie | 05 Feb 2014, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    We had a staff member request all his annual leave around every public holiday for the entire year once. He had no plans to go away or do anything specific, just wanted to have the option for maximising his time off so no one else could beat him to it. He could not understand why we said 'no'. In a workplace of 8 people it would be a quick way to make yourself very unpopular!
  • MM | 07 Feb 2014, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    And then there are workplaces such as mine where I need my team (and myself) to put in for the majority of their leave in the October prior to the next calendar year so I can set the project work coming up around their availability.

Of course there is the ability to ask for random and unexpected annual leave - but most of it has to be planned

But I too had a staff member wanting one day after every public holiday - and she got a knock back for some of them.
Post a reply