Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The future of HR: What you need to know

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 18 Jun 2013, 12:03 AM Agree 0
Everyone knows that there are some key capabilities that HR professionals need to be across to be effective and successful. These capabilities include the ability to influence, manage relationships, think critically and commercially, and demonstrate resilience.
  • Govind | 18 Jun 2013, 03:26 PM Agree 0
    True, apart from this, I believe HR also need to think about its role in measuring return on investment done to human capital.
    the role is going to be more of scientific

Also let me know whether I have permission to post this and other article from human capital magazine to my personal blog.
  • praveen krishnan | 18 Jun 2013, 05:23 PM Agree 0
    HR needs to stop self exaggerating of their importance..
  • Diane Mason | 19 Jun 2013, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    With the overwhelming abundance of HR information and 'how to', perhaps we should consider 'sifting' this well, by firstly asking ourselves 'how relevent is this to my business now and in the future'. After that I believe it's important to remember our focus is on a 'human' resource which is not manipulated or analysed quite as easily as technology, financial data or otherwise. How about we take a logical, common sense approach the future.
  • Dr Tim Baker | 19 Jun 2013, 07:15 PM Agree 0
    Demonstrating ROI is going to become more important which means that HR will need to become more sophisticated in analysis and data collection and collation.

I think HR will become a more strategic player and that the transactional aspects of HR will be outsourced. Culture change and talent management will be paramount.
  • Erica Collins | 20 Jun 2013, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    Great article, but I think these capabilities are needed by all business leaders. So HR will also need to determine how to build these capabilities in others.
Post a reply