Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Forum: The social itch

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Jul 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Nothing is more contentious than use of social media at work. Human Capital talks to three experts about where HR should stand in terms of monitoring social media usage and asks for one tip for keeping younger people (who perhaps expect full access) and managers (who may be concerned about productivity) happy.
  • Bernie Althofer | 26 Jul 2010, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    Tip 1 contains a key message about education. When the economy threatens an organisation, the education processes dry up. Managing individual and organisational reputation/s is linked to how and when individuals use social media. Many organisations will have policies and procedures governing the use of such technology. However, human behaviour being what it is, it is relatively easy to overhear work related conversations as I walk around city streets. Whilst policies can cover the action/reaction consequence model, some may not cover the reality of behaviours. Out of sight is not out of mind, and when some conversations refer to confidential issues, clients should rightly wonder and ask "How is my business dealings with your company/organisation protected?"
Post a reply