Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Forum: Here's to you

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 24 Jun 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
How do you reward your employees? Do you believe a company logo-emblazoned golf shirt or pen, or a photo with the company president makes the grade? It might be time for a re-think.
  • Michael Stone | 24 Jun 2010, 05:03 PM Agree 0
    A well implemented wellness program is also important in the reward & recognition arena. A wellness program can empower staff to look after and feel good about their mind, body and spirit. Managing stress, juggling work and life priorities, nutritional advice and relaxation techniques are just some of the ways in which employees can be engaged in a positive way. It also sends a clear message of "we care" from employer to employee.
    Michael Stone, Holistic Services Group
  • Lara Solomon | 11 Jul 2010, 01:47 PM Agree 0
    I think that there needs to be an ongoing scheme that says we care, and we want to help you be the best you can. I feel that sometimes the rewards can be a once a year thing that are stand alone events that can then be forgotten until next year. In my company I get fruit delivered every week from Fruit at Work and find that it is a talking point with my team, gives them the ongoing feeling that I care about them and makes them more productive. I still do other rewards and recognition as well, but I like the fruit.
Post a reply