Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Technological sacking: a legal absence of ethics?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 28 Oct 2014, 11:05 AM Agree 0
A global company has come under fire for its impersonal and unorthodox method of terminating an employee’s contract.
  • Amanda Rochford | 28 Oct 2014, 12:27 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely!! and it shouldnt need an explanation as to why. Kellogg's should be ashamed of themselves. This complete lack of empathy for a valuable employee must stand as a warning to how much value the organisation will place on the health of its customers. I choose to financially boycott Kelloggs from now on.
  • Scott mcatamney | 28 Oct 2014, 06:21 PM Agree 0
    My name is Scott McAtamney I am the person involved in this story . I just want to clarify a couple of things mentioned in this column . Not at any stage did I advise Kellogg's that I did not wish to talk to them further and not once did they call me or try to call me as they state after our last phone link up . I they want to prove me wrong they can easily obtain phone records to do this and surely they would have left a phone message If they want to say that they hung up before it went to message bank and didn't register as a call. They also have my company phone which was returned to check records. To say that sending an email to sack me was as a last resort is a further insult .
Post a reply