Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Surgeons to receive profession-wide cultural overhaul

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 01 Dec 2015, 07:16 AM Agree 0
In response to revelations of widespread bullying and harassment in the surgical sector, the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons has unveiled a detailed plan for new HR practices.
  • HerLadyship | 01 Dec 2015, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    I wish them good luck! A group of more self-satisfied, entitled, egotistical bullies will be hard to find elsewhere. In my younger days before HR I worked in a hospital and regularly observed cardiac surgery. The way those surgeons treated nurses especially was appalling. I saw a surgeon throw an instrument at a senior cardiac nurse once. Of course no one protested. I wonder if things have changed at all!?
  • Michael Minns | 01 Dec 2015, 10:42 PM Agree 0
    This is a classical case of addressing the symptoms and not the cause. As clinicians they should have more sense, The root cause is that they can not be replaced by others of similar standing and that, of course, is part of the overall objective of all professional bodies.

Keep on treating the symptoms and not the cause and we will, over time, end up exactly where we are now. Good luck. Diagnosis 101.
Post a reply