Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Stressful times: Legislation will see increases in discrimination claims

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 12 Aug 2009, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Stress-related claims by employees have increased over the last decade and may become a greater potential liability for employers as a result of new disability legislation
  • P V Isaac | 14 Aug 2009, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    The legislation is an excellent move to stop work place bullying.Hopefully this should egg employers to budget for Stess Relief Training programmes?

Does anyone know what Stress Management programmes are out there in the market?
  • Bernie Althofer | 17 Aug 2009, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    Given the rising costs associated with physical and psychological trauma, and the lack of a formalised process to capture direct and indirect costs, organisations may have to consider changes to health and safety legislation as well as the Discrimination Act. It might be worth it for organisations to consider the implementation processes.
  • Meiron Lees, InnerCents | 16 Sep 2009, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    Employers are starting to recognise the need to support their employees in stress management but it's still not anywhere near the level that it should be.

I run a Managing Workplace Stress workshop and thus far it has been quite well received which is a good sign.

Let's hope that managing stress will become a priority!!
  • Meiron Lees, InnerCents | 16 Sep 2009, 02:48 PM Agree 0
    Employers are starting to recognise the need to support their employees in stress management but it's still not anywhere near the level that it should be.

I run a Managing Workplace Stress workshop and thus far it has been quite well received which is a good sign.

Let's hope that managing stress will become a priority!!
Post a reply