Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Stopping violence against women: A guide for your workplace

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 02 Dec 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Violence against women is a serious social problem. How can the way we act in the workplace make a difference?
  • Estelle | 02 Dec 2013, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    I think we should also look at the attitude some women display towards men. I don't know whether this happens in some workplaces, but hearing my son's conversations with his friends about the behaviour of mainly young women in night clubs makes my sking crawl. I hear how some young women tease and right out insult men. When I work late in my office I can hear language coming out of young women out on the street that I have not heard from men. I wonder how these "ladies" behave at home, school and or work. So should we also look closely at how women behave towards men in the workplace - most definately.
  • Kate | 02 Dec 2013, 03:32 PM Agree 0
    Estelle, perhaps your comments and concerns speak more to the kind of clubs your son frequents, rather than protecting a woman's right to a safe home and working environment.

• Estelle | 02 Dec 2013, 04:03 PM Agree 0
    Oh, I agree with you, but then again these women probably work and or study somewhere and that's what worries me. And my son has only ever been to 3 night clubs, two of which have VIP rooms for special guests; well known celebrities, needles to say he and his friends (men and ladies) now prefer to get together in restaurants, they are in their late twenties.
  • Anonymous123 | 03 Dec 2013, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    @Kate - Sadly I'm not sure it matters which clubs they are at. Go to a pub, restaurant or even a shopping centre and you'll see there are some young women that are just a full on embarrassment.
    Keep in mind I'm in my 20s so by no means am I old but I fear for the future when I look and listen to teenagers/young women.
Post a reply