Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Silos with holes in them

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 31 Mar 2009, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Why do some teams work and others falter? Why do some teams create impenetrable silos while others are open? Graham Winter provides some tips on encouraging teamwork across boundaries
  • Dave Jackson | 31 Aug 2010, 03:46 PM Agree 0
    It''s an issue we face, with varying degrees of success. We''re going to use the framework as the basis for reflection of our own roles, then come together to discuss. Will report back how it goes.
  • Gunnar Heldebro | 08 Dec 2010, 03:43 AM Agree 0
    It starts from the top. If different departments don''t have alignment it will impact.
  • Cheng Wai Leung, Patrick | 23 Jun 2011, 05:28 PM Agree 0
    I agree that teamwork across boundaries / departments is very important for the success of business. However, I have often found that conflicts between departments are unavoidable and thus affect the overall performance of the organization. I believe that appropriate KPIs setting for different departments will be helpful to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of teamwork cordination and thus helping to achieve the common goal of the organization accordingly
Post a reply