Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

‘Sexist’ LinkedIn comment sparks fierce debate

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 14 Sep 2015, 08:28 AM Agree 0
The professional networking site is at the centre of a workplace-sexism storm after one user publicly shamed another.
  • HR Manager | 01 Aug 2016, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    having had several responses of this kind I decided to cancel my LinkedIn membership. I had to wait for it to expire and during that time the number decreased and I decided that I would just ignore these type of people.
    My major issue was that they were mainly from overseas males, I mean why would a major in the army or a Mayor in America and some other equally not LinkedIn type people be contacting me an HR Manager in Australia. No reason work wise that's for sure and this seemed to go on for some time. As I said after time it decreased probably because I didn't answer any of them which tells me they all come from one room in Nigeria where this seems to emanate from. I understand they hit dating sites looking for lonely and got thrown off there. Therefore I don't think the lady was wrong in taking offence. It does however sound like a legitimate business however it would put you off rather than make you want to do business with that company. I also should say I am not a 25 yr old, lending itself to more suspicion maybe I should have added the words 'not wealthy' somewhere.
Post a reply