Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Rise of the change manager

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 28 Apr 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Catherine Smithson outlines the history of change management, including the rise of the change manager
  • Joanne Rinaldi | 29 Apr 2011, 08:34 AM Agree 0
    Thank you for this article! I have just submitted a proposal to our senior executives introducing the need for a formal approach for Change Management and eagerly await their response today. I will send them this link to add further value to my role as a Change professional within our company. Joanne
  • bronte jackson | 25 May 2011, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Well done! Finally an easy to understand, accurate and well articulated description of the change manager! I have been a change manager for nearly twenty years. I am a Social Anthropology/Sociology graduate and so understood very early on how intrinsic it was to get people on board with changes i.e. we are not robots. However for most of my 20 years in assisting organisations with this I was a lone voice in the wilderness. No body seemed to really understand the purpose of change management and few social scientists were used in the business world in this manner. Now it seems like everyone is a change manager and yet I find few practitioners who have significant training in many of the fields covered by Change Management and mentioned in this article. Therefore I find there is still a lack of understanding about and effectiveness in the practice. I hope that more articles like these will occur to improve this. I am sending this to a number of clients. Thank you.
Post a reply