Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Revealed: 3 toughest HR jobs in Australia

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 10 Mar 2014, 11:43 AM Agree 0
Think you’re having a bad day? Spare a thought for these HR managers who are really facing a tough road ahead.
  • Jim Sherlock | 10 Mar 2014, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    Most HR jobs have been very tough over the past 5 years as organisations have had to restructure to survive.

I don't feel being high profile or in a large organisation makes the HR gig any tougher than many of our colleagues faces working in small organisations often alone.
  • Leanne Faraday-Brash | 11 Mar 2014, 12:33 PM Agree 0
    I believe HR is both a rewarding gig and a tough gig today, either because we are restructuring, fighting for relevance or diversity in companies that still don't get it or because we're exiting staff. There are rewards to be felt in each job if we do them well and in the case of Qantas and Toyota (mentioned above) it is in trying to treat every employee as an individual and with dignity and compassion. Any leadership role is not a recipe for popularity at times. Ours are no different. The HR heads at iconic monolithic companies are paid a lot of money. Their responsibility is to earn it. The supreme difficulty is wanting to do the right thing but having to fight with an Executive team to do it and with outrageous timeframes that can dehumanise the process.
Post a reply