Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Retailer under fire for ‘duties’ in job ad

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 09 Jul 2015, 10:01 AM Agree 0
An Australian company received backlash from Twitter users this week after advertising a vacant position with some rather specific requirements.
  • Jo W | 09 Jul 2015, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    Fit models need to be a particular size and shape. By definition, the clothes need to fit them. HOWEVER, I can't see how bust size would fit the "inherent requirements of the role" test for answering and making calls, sorting mail and other duties of a receptionist.

I appreciate from other media coverage that Lorna Jane were trying to combine two roles into one to increase the value of the incumbent's contribution to the business. However, the lesson learnt from this, I hope, is that not every job combination is appropriate.

• Ellen | 10 Jul 2015, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    I always find it interesting/entertaining how employers try and cover their discrimination. Why do 'fit models' need to be in a small, don't medium and large women buy exercise gear?

This is apalling behaviour from a business who purports to support women to be active and healthy - but really just the small ones please.
Post a reply