Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Recruitment: It’s not just a numbers game

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 15 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Getting the right candidate for the job can be a nerve-wracking experience. One professional discusses how to look beyond the numbers and get to the core of what really makes a good hire.
  • Carol Flavel | 16 Jul 2013, 09:17 AM Agree 0
    Hi Carol,

I thought you might be interested in having a read of this article. It's on those factors to look for when recruiting a new person.

Cheers Lavinia
  • Glenda May | 16 Jul 2013, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    Great article. I love the idea of going on a road-trip with that person. However we must be alert to our gut-feel - we all have it, it's human, but listen to it and validate it with real evidence so you don't let your assumptions get in the way.
  • Jenny Hanson | 18 Jul 2013, 03:52 PM Agree 0
    Even with today's technology where you can just interview applicants online and don't require them to talk with you face to face, it's still important that you should know their personality using the right questions.

This article is very useful especially to those who prefer online communication. I recently got my staff through Remote Staff using their free recruitment process (see: http://www.remotestaff.com.au/about/staffing_solutions.php ), and although they have been screened, I still gave time to talk to them to know them better :)
Post a reply